Sign Up or Log in
At first: To create a Type Studio account click here or click here if you already have an account . If you have problems to create an account click here to get instructions on how to create an account.
Upload your video
After the Login, you are on the project overview of Type Studio.
To upload a new video, click on the card in the upper left corner, which is marked with a plus sign.
If you arent familiar with the uploading process and want to know more, click here.
On the left side, you now have the auto-generated transcript. If there are some spelling mistakes you can easily correct the transcript.
On the right side you can for example resize your video or add text to your video.
Translate your subtitles
To translate your subtitles you have to follow some easy steps:
- Click on the "subtitles" button in the header bar
- Choose the subtitle style.
- Select the one of more than 15 languages you want to translate to from the dropdown
- Hit the "Translate" button
- The transcript and the subtitles will now be translated automatically
If needed, you can now make some further corrections to the translated transcript
Style your subtitles
After you are done translating the subtitles, you maybe want to add some style, give them the look of your brand and move them to a different position.
Choose the font :
- Lobster, Permanent Marker or Courier are very playful and shouldn't be used in serious contexts.
- Open Sans, Epilogue, Roboto and Montserrat are perfect for neutral - serious use cases.
- Libre Baskerville and Playfair Display are for noble - serious purposes.
- Bebas, Bangers and Alfa Slab are perfect to make it pop.
Choose the perfect color:
- Black / White: Neutral and professional.
- Red: Attracts a lot of attention and could have a warning effect
- Yellow: Yellow appears bright, cheerful, friendly, optimistic, and open.
- Blue: Is said to have an emotionally balancing, calming and moderating effect. Blue also looks sporty, technical and dynamic.
- Orange: Stands for light and warmth and security.
- Green: Stands for nature, health, satisfaction, happiness and hope.
Custom text color
If the color presents don't provide the style you want, for example, if you want to add text to your video that matches your brand, you can choose custom colors for the text and the background.
A quick instruction on how to add custom text to your video:
- Move the circle to change the saturation.
- Pick the color you want.
- If you want to add custom color codes, you can add them here. Hit the arrows to toggle the input mode.
- Preset colors provided by the browser
After you added the text to your video you can now hit the export button in the top right corner and get your video on your own sharing page where you can download your video.
If you want to know more about how to share your video via Type Studio, click here.